This role will report directly to the Plant General Manager and will lead development, overall assembly process systems and be a subject matter expert in automated complex assembly.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Become and Function as a subject matter expert (SME) in establishing consistent practices and providing expertise to engineers working on automation projects.
- Lead OEE improvement on equipment and automation for scaling business needs
- Utilize problem solving initiatives utilizing tools such as 4-panel, Kaizen, A3, and/or DMAIC to drive improvements
- Be a conduit between our engineering teams and our customer on collectively striving toward production goals.
- Provide concept development, User Requirement Specification (URS) authoring, and quoting, sourcing, project management, and/or acceptance (FAT/SAT) of automation projects.
- Serve as the design for assembly / automation SME for Global Innovation and development programs.
- Work with manufacturing facility engineering & management to identify opportunities for automation and robotics to reduce cost and improve quality, with a focus on flexible automation.
- Demonstrated flexibility to manage multiple projects and interface with teams at multiple facilities, including temporary assignments at facilities other than the assigned home base for this position.
- Key contributor on Automation Council, focused on component standardization, education and exploration of new technologies, and development of automation best practices.
- Actively participate in continual improvement, corrective, and customer satisfaction
- Minimal travel may be required to other facilities to support business needs
- Other duties as assigned
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum eight (8) years proven experience in Automation
- Experience with Project or Program Management
- Strong interfacing skills with both internal and external customers
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of machining processes to compliment “design for manufacturing and assembly”
- Previous experience in a regulated manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of mechanical devices, such as indexers, pick & place mechanisms, sensors, PLCs, stepper, and servo motors
- Strong commitment to proper safety precautions in design and practice
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks, be flexible and self-directing
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and Project
- Demonstrated experience building an operations organization and culture consistent with company Guiding Principles that is laser focused on delivering safety, quality, delivery, and cost performance