Senior Controls Engineer
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Design electrical and control circuits, software writing (in conjunction with the Engineering Controls Engineers, Project Mangers and/or Mechanical Design Engineers), ensuring safe and appropriate electrical design methods are used. Develop these schematics and associated drawings by using software tools such as EPlan and AutoCad.
• Write and support machine software PLC/HMI/Servo/SCADA/ (in conjunction with the Engineering Group, Project Managers and/or Mechanical Design Engineers), ensuring safe and appropriate control design methods are used. Develop this code using programming environments such as (but not limited to) Allen Bradley, Siemens, and others. Such code will be in accordance with either Company Technology’s (or customer’s standards) to ensure safe and reliable production machine functionality. Follow any suitable existing Company standard blocks and documentation.
• Setup and debug developed code, communication networks, drive systems (servo/VSD/soft starters) and other devices at Company sites and customer sites when required.
• Assist in the writing of manuals (operator/maintenance/electrical) to complete full and detailed documentation at the project completion stage.
• Manage any sub-contractors assigned to projects, monitoring quality of work, time, and costs as necessary.
• Be available for controls support for the wider Company Group, when required.
• Be available and perform controls related training for Company employees and customers.
• Attend project and commissioning meetings to report progress and discuss in an open forum any risks or benefits relating to responsibilities and projects. Provide written reports of commissioning & service activity, assessments of issues, customer communications, and steps taken to resolve problems.
Where You'll Work
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
What You'll Do
• Develop and provide expertise on thermal design issues involving all forms of heat transfer equipment across the organization, aiming to become future focal point for certain heat transfer expertise.
• Design and develop of new products, including prototype development, from concept generation through to product launch.
• Application of both new and existing technologies, materials and processes to deliver the optimum product design ensuring the establishment of excellent standards of performance.
• Liaison with customers to fully understand customer voice, VOC, identifying their current pain to fully optimize product functionality and performance.
• Preparation of technical documentation in accordance with regulatory and design control requirements and with the company’s product development process.
• Develop a high level of understanding in relation to internal and external customer requirements.
• Conduct high-level analysis of data, develop detailed reports and documentation which provide supporting documentation for strategic decision making.
• Design and Development of new products to support Company opportunities mapped to strategic business plans, market and growth objectives and customer needs with specific emphasis on; Brazing Alloy forms, various customer applications, flux coating of brazing products, Micro Fabrication of preform parts and non-brazing new product development which support product use.
• Work closely with Project Mangers on new products in the development to meet the demand of our customers in a cost-effective manner.
• Consult with customers on product applications and work to exploit development of products to meet customer expectations and capitalized upon sales opportunities.
• Participate in Lean activities Kaizen events, 5S, 8D, Preventative Maintenance programs, root cause analysis, 5 Why and other Lean tools to enhance productivity.
• Review and provide guidance on non-standard or advanced heat transfer technologies offered by vendors or other parties.
• Troubleshoot heat exchanger issues.
• Support business operations where required and develop internal procedures
• Perform technical bid evaluations.
• Develop and maintain schedules for all projects assigned.
• Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance according to shift-times or a pre-arranged work schedule.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Must Have Skills
• • Four-year degree in Engineering or Technical discipline
• Minimum 10 years’ experience within industrial automation
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing maintenance
• Minimum 7 years’ experience including PLC/HMI/Servo/SCADA, Siemens Step 7, Allen Bradley (RSLogix 5000)
• Proven experience working autonomously.
• Ability to travel 60% of the time across the United States; this may include nights and weekends.
• Preferred experience managing small teams.
Tie Breaker Skills
- AGV (Automated Guided Vehicle) experience
- Industrial Automation equipment design
- Advanced experience with PLC’s, C, C++, C#, or Structured Text programing
R Requirements: Our organization has a responsibility to comply with all applicable requirements set forth by International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”, 22 CFR 120-130). As such, this position may have access to ITAR controlled information and must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States.dge, Skills and Abilities:
90,000 – 130,000 USD base salary plus bonus
How to Apply
To Apply for this position, you may send a resume and cover letter to the recruiter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org