Electrical Engineering Team Lead
This position is responsible for supporting the business in the area of Engineering and serves as supervisory group leader for the electrical and instrumentation engineering staff. The primary role is to manage and implement plant capital and major repair projects. This function is also responsible for day to day technical support of operations and maintenance, as well as insuring code compliance throughout the plant.
Where You'll Work
Job Location: Multiple locations
What You'll Do
· Promote and support all facility level safety and environmental initiatives.
· Perform front end studies on potential capital projects with high business impacts.
· Develop and maintain dynamic capital and major repair plans
· Make assignments and support Engineering and Maintenance resources in the implementation of capital and major repair projects with strong emphasis on safety, environmental impact, quality, cost, and schedule.
· Prioritize, assign and provide oversight to assigned projects completed through Engineering.
· Management of multiple projects concurrently from initial concept, evaluation of alternatives, estimating, schedule, cost forecasting, specifications, design, safety reviews, bid review and selection, installation and commissioning, training, spare parts, and documentation.
· Assist in troubleshooting efforts to resolve technical problems in the mill.
· Manage and provide oversight to outside contractors regarding safety, code, technical and commercial requirements.
· Maintain capital asset and engineering documentation.
· Oversees work of subordinates to meet mill and department objectives.
Must Have Skills
15+ years related experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in heavy industry. Pulp and paper industry experience preferred.
Education – Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Working knowledge of power distribution systems up to 13.8 kV, medium voltage drives, arc flash studies and compliance, DCS and PLC systems (programming not required),
Understanding of process control instrumentation (pH, conductivity, flow, pressure, level, temperature, etc)
Experience preparing engineering documentation such as loop diagrams, P&IDs, interconnections, PLC/DCS, I/O drawings, power plans, single line diagrams, etc.
o NFPA 70E training.
Tie Breaker Skills
Registered P.E. license and/or PMP certification
How to Apply
To Apply for this position, you may send a resume and cover letter to the recruiter via email at email@example.com