Position Title: Application/Sales Engineer
Department: Sales and Marketing
Join the leader in Specialty AGV manufacturing! We are looking to the best and brightest to drive sales growth while providing the highest level of customer service.
The Senior AGV Application Engineer plays a key role in the development of sales-related documents and designs. Supporting the Field Sales Managers, you will provide responsive support for designing solutions, answering RFQs, preparing quotations, assisting with risk reviews, updating SalesForce CRM, and generally supporting sales to win projects. You will generate and coordinate deliverables with sales, project management, engineering and management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/OTHER FUNCTIONS
– Provide sales support for Regional Sales Managers. This includes:
• Own the vehicle concept – creating designs that fit with Company/Company capabilities and strategy.
• Prepare system layouts utilizing AutoCAD and Solidworks Software
• Prepare System Simulations when required.
• Generate throughput calculations.
• Prepare RFQ responses
• Prepare budget and firm pricing calculations. Drive Pre-bid review meetings.
• Assist in generating charts, data sets, and graphics for bids, concepts, and proposals.
• Assist in completing risk reviews for each project.
• Assist in tracking projects and deliverables related to each project (equipment, spare parts, service, etc.)
• Assist in updating SalesForce CRM.
• Communicate with customers as requested.
• Visit customer sites to evaluation solutions, understand requirements, make presentations and assist in the Sales process.
• Setup internal project hand-over meetings with Engineering and Project Management.
– Coordinate with Engineering, Project Management, Marketing, Customer Service and Sales Management on a daily basis to ensure seamless support, clear communication, and superior customer support.
– Utilize other software tools as requested to effectively support internal and external customers.
– Other tasks, duties and projects as assigned by your manager.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Engineering preferred).
• 5-10 years experience with AGV application engineering.
• Software knowledge to include AutoCAD, MS Office, including PowerPoint, and other tools.
• Prior knowledge or ability to learn Kollmorgen AGV programs and other software tools.
• Existing skills in or ability to learn to make preliminary throughput calculations and battery capacity estimates.
• Ability to generate AGV throughput calculations and provide supporting tables and graphics.
• Ability to write and compile effective descriptions for RFQs, design concepts, budget quotes, etc.
• Good listening, analyzing, and problem-solving abilities. Ability to work well under pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and team-focus. Ability to work with others for the long-term success of the business.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
• Practical, highly adaptable, resourceful and organized. The ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion.
• Lead by example in all areas, including professionalism, work ethic, and team success ahead of individual accomplishments.
• Able to travel up to 20% both domestically and internationally.