Position Title: Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Department: Sales and Marketing
Supervisor Title: General Manager
The VP of Sales and Marketing is responsible for managing all markets, distribution channels and deployment of sales for Company. He or she is responsible for executing the sales strategy based on TAT Group goals and objectives which will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction. Specific responsibilities include business and market development, proactive account management, management of market research, sales growth and customer satisfaction. The VP will also oversee the sales and marketing team members’ daily activity and development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/OTHER FUNCTIONS
Primary Functional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals
• Lead and manage sales team comprised of both inside employees and outside sales representatives
• Oversee sales service activities to assure that current and potential customers receive the best-in-class sales service
• Direct and coordinate all activities of the marketing operation in accomplishing organizational objectives
• Cooperates with other top management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures and goals
• Possess technical understanding of quoting process to recommend competitive pricing
• Responsible for negotiating Long Term Agreements (LTA’s) with current and future customers
• Develops annual forecast based on market analysis and the plan/strategies to achieve company objectives
• Monitor performance against budget objectives
• Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures
• Represents company at trade shows
• Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
• Maintaining regular and punctual attendance according to shift-times or a pre-arranged work schedule.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.•
Qualified candidates have the following:
• 10 + years in technical sales environment demonstrating consistent annual growth
• Minimum 7 years’ experience within the aerospace industry
• Bachelors degree required in business, engineering or related field from an accredited institution
• MBA or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain a healthy sales channel and sales pipeline
• Proven ability to accurately forecast and create budgets based on data
• Ability to speak effectively and persuasively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
• Customer Service Management
• Comfortable working within a matrixed organization
• Marketing experience
• Experience hiring and building a sales team
• Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic and Arms Regulations)
• Ability to travel 50% of the time, domestic and internationally
• Expert user of Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent analytical, data mining and data manipulation skills
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
• Strong knowledge of aerospace markets required
• Technical background highly desireable
• Able to handle multiple complex activities at once
• Independent self-starter able to work with minimum supervision
• Takes initiative and displays a pro-active no-nonsense attitude
• Ability to be a role model and a leader with credibility for whom others want to work.
• Ability to possess a progressive vision with the focus and ambition to make change happen for Company, Inc., and themselves.
• Ability to inspire others by communicating and influencing in a way that really takes people with them.
• Ability to build and motivate teams by continuously improving team performance to achieve shared Company, Inc. goals.
• Ability to coach others by maximizing potential through consistently developing themselves and others.
• Ability to drive achievements with the determination to achieve outstanding results and energizing others.
• Must have the knowledge, skill, and ability to meet expectations for required competencies in position, which includes: 1) safety, health, and environmental awareness, 2) business ethics and compliance, 3) technical/professional competence and quality & time management, 4) interpersonal relations and communication skills, 5) initiative, flexibility, innovation, and adaptability, 6) continuous improvement and problem solving, and 7) planning and organizing.
Our organization has a responsibility to comply with all applicable requirements set forth by International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”, 22 CFR 120-130). As such, this position may have access to ITAR controlled information and must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States.