Director of Engineering
The Director of Engineering will manage a multi-disciplinary team, lead product (MRO and OEM) development, production process control and production improvement, lead and manage product development and continues improvement program through a full project life cycle. He or she will provide and maintain specific technical know-how for heat exchanger design equipment including participation in development programs and interaction with vendors and clients (when required), provides support to general operations and to the development of internal procedures and standards
Where You'll Work
Job Location: Tulsa OK
What You'll Do
• Develop and provide expertise on thermal design issues involving all forms of heat transfer equipment across the organization, aiming to become future focal point for certain heat transfer expertise.
• Design and develop of new products, including prototype development, from concept generation through to product launch.
• Application of both new and existing technologies, materials and processes to deliver the optimum product design ensuring the establishment of excellent standards of performance.
• Liaison with customers to fully understand customer voice, VOC, identifying their current pain to fully optimize product functionality and performance.
• Preparation of technical documentation in accordance with regulatory and design control requirements and with the company’s product development process.
• Develop a high level of understanding in relation to internal and external customer requirements.
• Conduct high-level analysis of data, develop detailed reports and documentation which provide supporting documentation for strategic decision making.
• Design and Development of new products to support Company opportunities mapped to strategic business plans, market and growth objectives and customer needs with specific emphasis on; Brazing Alloy forms, various customer applications, flux coating of brazing products, Micro Fabrication of preform parts and non-brazing new product development which support product use.
• Work closely with Project Mangers on new products in the development to meet the demand of our customers in a cost-effective manner.
• Consult with customers on product applications and work to exploit development of products to meet customer expectations and capitalized upon sales opportunities.
• Participate in Lean activities Kaizen events, 5S, 8D, Preventative Maintenance programs, root cause analysis, 5 Why and other Lean tools to enhance productivity.
• Review and provide guidance on non-standard or advanced heat transfer technologies offered by vendors or other parties.
• Troubleshoot heat exchanger issues.
• Support business operations where required and develop internal procedures
• Perform technical bid evaluations.
• Develop and maintain schedules for all projects assigned.
• Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance according to shift-times or a pre-arranged work schedule.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Must Have Skills
• Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or foreign equivalent degree.
• Minimum experience required: 3 years’ experience in a chief engineering, lead engineering, or expert engineering position working in the field of thermal heat transfer (aerospace industry preferred).
• Must have one year’ work experience in each of the following: design of heat transfer systems for manufacture using brazing, welding, and mechanically-locking production processes; definition of process parameters for gas metal arc welding and induction brazing of thin gauge stainless steel, aluminum and Inconel; evaluation of structural deformation of components using pressure distribution analysis; training on metal joining and brazing techniques for production processes and product validation of thermal heat transfer systems; analysis of SolidWorks and ANSYS simulations of airflow, heat transfer, and mechanical stress deformations of thermal heat transfer units, and welding fixtures; evaluation of fluid dynamics analysis results, simulation parameters, and validation processes of heat transfer units to guide development of brazing and metal joining technologies for efficient product design.
• Experience using Microsoft Excel required (including data manipulation, formulas, charts, etc.) Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities within a mid to large manufacturing or production environment. • Ability to develop and deliver strategic initiatives, including Lean Programs, across the organization.
• Ability to possess a progressive vision with the focus and ambition to make change happen for Company., and themselves.
• Ability to inspire others by communicating and influencing in a way that really takes people with them. • Ability to build and motivate teams by continuously improving team performance to achieve shared Company. goals.
• Ability to drive achievements with the determination to achieve outstanding results and energizing others.
• Must have the knowledge, skill, and ability to meet expectations for required competencies in position, which includes: 1) safety, health, and environmental awareness, 2) business ethics and compliance, 3) technical/professional competence and quality & time management, 4) interpersonal relations and communication skills, 5) initiative, flexibility, innovation, and adaptability, 6) continuous improvement and problem solving, and 7) planning and organizing.
Tie Breaker Skills
ITAR Requirements: Our organization has a responsibility to comply with all applicable requirements set forth by International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”, 22 CFR 120-130). As such, this position may have access to ITAR controlled information and must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States.dge, Skills and Abilities:
150,000 USD base salary plus bonus
How to Apply
To Apply for this position, you may send a resume and cover letter to the recruiter via email at email@example.com